Monday, July 27, 2015

Supporting World Peace


The World Peace Yoga studio is the first place where I felt back home in my body.

I spent years trying to cure my debilitating illness with traumatic, invasive procedures and medications that made my quality of life worse. It was through this repeated trial and error that I eventually sought out more sustainable integrative therapies and healing modalities. It wasn’t until after I acquired a disability that I discovered the amazing resiliency of my body and spirit.

At 16, my self-worth was dependent on how busy I could make my schedule. I thought I was eating “healthy” when I was barely feeding myself low-carb and low-fat diet foods. I didn’t realize how poorly I was taking care of myself until after I caught a virus and suddenly became very ill.

At my worst, my illness left me completely bed-ridden and only conscious for only several hours at a time. After the initial months without a diagnosis, I was desperate for relief. When my doctors stopped having any answers, I had to start looking elsewhere.

My healing first began with food. I have been privileged with the resources to be more deliberate in my food choices. I learned that I couldn’t separate the emotional response from what or how I was eating from my physical body. As I started to understand food as my medicine, I found significant improvements in my quality of life. It was only after I began to eat a more plant-based diet that I was eventually able to work my way into using a wheelchair for mobility so that I could attend the University of Cincinnati.

Unfortunately, my first year at UC was still detrimental to my health. My spirit felt crushed by my increased severe pain as I was pushing myself to meet the ableist institutional standards of success, and my depression and anxiety were at their worst with the additional stress of college.

The World Peace Studio was the first place I started to love my body and myself again. The first time I slowly made my way up the stairs to their peaceful sky-light lit studio, I was met with immediate community support and resources for better self-care. In the quiet moments practicing there, I rediscovered life-saving inner strength and hope.

5 years since the initial onset of my illness, I am now completely mobile with a greatly improved quality of life. While I am still living with my chronic illness, I am finally honoring and loving how I navigate the world around me and learn from my experiences as a disabled woman. I will graduate from UC next year, I continue to advocate for disability rights and social justice, and I am enjoying a more mindful lifestyle full of nourishing plant-based foods and creative community.

World Peace Yoga Cincinnati​ continues to be a powerful source of great healing and inspiration. Their intimate studio, supportive teachers, and dedication to achieve world peace have catalyzed profound physical, emotional, and spiritual transformation in my life. I am humbled to have had the opportunity to learn about yogic philosophy and an ahimsa, or non-violent, lifestyle during my 300-hr Foundational Spiritual Teacher Training + Yoga Teacher Training which I will complete at the end of the summer.

I am proud to learn from a community that is committed to intentional inclusivity. World Peace Yoga provides Silent Yoga in ASL and has trained interpreters for their many other classes and events. They host anti-racist and anti-violence workshops by local activists for the community and their yoga teachers in training. They continue to offer classes for all bodies and abilities and are working to increase access to the studio.

They continue to support me and others who are struggling financially with 30-day Freedom Months of unlimited yoga, “karma yoga” volunteers, and offering work-trade scholarships for their teacher training.

I feel good knowing that I can do my small part everyday to take better care of our earth and the animals and people who inhibit it –including myself.

Now, I am grateful for this opportunity to give back to this amazing community and share with others.

World Peace is in the midst of an ambitious campaign to raise money for more educational resources with two self-published books for delicious vegan recipes and living a non-violent lifestyle. We are also fundraising to update and improve the studio to make it wheelchair accessible.


I know that change is possible.

If you feel called, join me in supporting World Peace!

We are at a tipping point, and we are called to be more conscious of our choices. We can vibrate higher, live in community, and love and give more.

6 comments:

  1. Most prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, cancers that arise in glandular cells of the prostate’s epithelial tissue. Prostate cancers usually progress slowly and produce no symptoms in the initial stages. Eventually, the tumor may enlarge like mine use too, the prostate gland, pressing on the urethra and causing painful or frequent urination and blood in the urine. So I was so uncomfortable with this prostate cancer diseases then I decided to do online search on how to cure cancer because I well have read a lot about herbal medicine,I came across a lot of testimony how Dr Itua cure HIV/herpes then Cancer was listed below the comment.with courage I contacted Dr Itua and he sent me his herbal medicine through Courier service then I was asked to pick it up at my post office which i quickly did. I contacted Dr Itua that i have received my herbal medicine so he instructs me on how to drink it for three weeks and that is how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine cure my prostate Cancer, The treatment takes three weeks and I was cured completely. Dr Itua is a god sent and I thank him every day of my life. Contact him now On:Email:drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituahebalcenter.com. Whatsapp:+2348149277967.
    He listed to that he can as well cure the following diseases below.... Cerebral Amides. Lung Cancer, Alzheimer's disease, Adrenocortical carcinoma. Alma, Uterine Cancer, Breast Cancer, Allergic diseases. Kidney cancer, Love Spell, Colo rectal cancer, Lottery Spell, Bladder Cancer, Skin Cancer, HIV /Aids, Herpes, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Inflammatory bowel disease, Copd, Diabetes, Hepatitis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com OR info@drituaherbalcenter.com. We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Hpv,Pile,Weak Erection,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy,Glaucoma.,Brain Tumor,psoriasis, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia. ,Bladder Cancer,Autism,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Tay tach disease,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, Seizures, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Stroke,Hpv,Weak Erection,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your article.I do continuously look over your web site for brand spanking new articles.I am recently acting on associate app apple nutrition fact thats going awe-inspiring and special because of you ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's diseases this neuron disease started 25 years before being revealed it was triggered the moment we started eating sugars including any and almost all carbs that break down to glycerol,and he was placed on the best  medical treatment approved by united states,(FDA) he has been taking Cholinesterase,Memantine to treat his memory loss,confusion and the problems with his thinking and reasoning.just to help slow the progression and manage the symptoms,as no cure exists I read through with interest. I once believed Alzheimer disease has no cure. Well it is true with English medicine, but not with herbal medicine. My Dad's experience opened my eyes to the reality of a cure through herbs. My Father was a vibrant man before his encounter with Alzheimer. He was a scientist, hence his mental capability was never in doubt. In 2013, he was diagnosed with Alzheimer. The symptoms manifested through repeating conversation and gradually forgetting things. It became progressive from finding the right words during conversation, to significant confusion and forgetting details about himself. It was not a good experience, seeing your father whose brilliance had no match, totally became a shadow of himself. His doctors said the disease has no cure, just medications for treatment which had a lot of side effects were administered to him. Early 2016, while on the internet, I bumped into a story of Alzheimer, and I read about a cure through herbs with interest. I researched more to be sure it was not a hoax.  In my quest, Doctor James herbal mix medicine was mentioned in the testimony. I contacted him on his email that was provided  (drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com)   and I got his herbal mix medicine for my father.He told me that his herbal mix medicine will help my Dad to reduce the abnormal protein fold inside his neurons,and regulate the nutrients and molecules in his body system,and as well stop the progressive disorder that build up in damaging his brain cells,and help his weak cells  that causes  brain shrinking to function well,it's a good herbal drinks for cell repairing.This doctor James is super great man and his herbal mix medicine is wonderful and works effectively as he said,with no side effects. It's been 4 years and my Dad is perfectly okay and back to his laboratory work even at old age. For your loved ones with Alzheimer or Dementia, take them off English medicine and use Dr. James herbal mix medicine for treatment. if you have any kinds of health challenges  or diseases such as..Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis,Lupus,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Herpes Virus,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid. just reach him on his Email  [drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com].   and get your permanent cure.he's a good man and he will help you.  

    ReplyDelete
  5. When some one searches for his necessary thing, therefore he/she needs to be available that in detail, so that thing is maintained over here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This design is spectacular! You obviously know how to keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Great job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete