Friday, April 29, 2011

Names.

"It's Just M.E."
^ This is an example of my oh-so-original and clever humor... lame, I know.

M.E. stands for myalgic encephalomyelitis. (pronounced, "my-Al-jik en-SEF-uh-lo-MY-uh-Ly-tis")

This is more than just a crazy long name. It's a title, a burden, a curse; it's my disease. It's a battle every day to not let this ultimately define and defeat me. This is the sickness that turned my entire world upside down.

The URL for this blog is http://whenieverfeelbetter.blogspot.com/.

"When I Ever Feel Better" is inspired from a song by Phoenix titled, "If I Ever Feel Better". I first heard this song in the car during the long drive home from my treatment in Cleveland. The lyrics are ridiculously relatable to how I've recently been feeling emotionally. I shared this song with my mom, and she corrected the "if" to "when". I'm beyond thankful for her unyielding optimism. (:

"They say an end can be a start
Feels like I've been buried yet I'm still alive
It's like a bad day that never ends
I feel the chaos around me
A thing I don't try to deny
I'd better learn to accept that
There are things in my life that I can't control"

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara. :) Through a friend of a friend of facebook a link to your blog was posted. I could relate to your story in so many ways. I too was enjoying life when fatigue took over my life and ended up being a life changing 'episode'. Thank you for sharing your story of hope. My story is here:

    http://sarahlovephotography.com/blog/?p=781

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looking at it now.. you are so talented! Thank you for sharing this with me!

    ReplyDelete